Friday, August 15, 2008

Roger and Me


No this is not a commentary on Michael Moore's debut film about the sad state of the car industry in Flint, MI, but rather a turn back the clock to 2003-2005 when there was a collective exodus out of Chicago by sports stars and corporate stars alike. I'm obviously referring to the departures of Roger Mason Jr. from the Bulls and Kasey Kirby from the KPMG corporate auditors. To have your life changed, click below:



While I wish that I had the photo of Roger Mason Jr, Lonny Baxter, Tyson Chandler, Jamal Crawford, Tuomu Ruutu, and Mark Bell accompanied by corporate stars Kasey Kirby and another anonymous KPMG employee, I let my emotions get the best of me when I recently pulled the picture out and furiously threw it in the garbage after not one of the listed athletes still puts on the proverbial Chicago sweater. Roger and me, born 17 days apart, both ended up out in Washington DC, living happily ever after. After what? After, after.

No comments: